@selfsame I wouldn't be so sure about that.
job search +++++
@pho4cexa All the best with the new position!
Recently I've been catching up a bit on my to-fold list:
- T-Rex, design by Inoue Takaya
- Snail, design by Jun Maekawa
Also added some boars a while back after moving a few things around. The ones below are designs by Seiji Nishikawa (black) and Marc Vigo (brown).
@insom Now you just need a photo of it with ssh/irc into ~town for posterity. 😄
@brennen Thanks for sharing your approach for handling notes.
Advantages of a code editor with a folder of text files: project drawer (get an overview/toc), searchable (e.g. grep), high probability of files still being readable years later.
I haven't used vimwiki partly from uncertainty about how portable the wiki formatting would be if I later switched apps, compared to writing with markup like ReST (but no internal links). However, it does fit the notebook paradigm well.
@brennen Congrats! All the best at the new position.
Folded a little Year of the Boar #origami. These two are designed by Hideo Komatsu and Gen Hagiwara. More to come when my ~ page gets an overhaul. 😅
(2/2) The long-tailed tit is adorable, aside from being an open-back model. I may re-fold it again.
- Lorry, designed by Mark Bolitho
- Chimpanzee, designed by Quentin Trollip
- Sphinx, designed by Yoo Tae Yong
- Long-tailed Tit, designed by Kyohei Katsuta
@m455b Have a great time! Try not to overdose on dumplings! 😋
@brennen I would be sad as well to see you leave the fediverse, but do what is best for your well-being.
One way to reduce noise on the fediverse is to move to a small instance (or try another account), add friends and stick to the local timeline. It's slower for discovering new interesting toots, but they'll eventually come via friends' boosts.
That being said, if it's a fatigue of dealing with too many communication channels, paring it down to 2-3 might be a good idea.
my generative concrete poetry zine, Shadows is complete! featuring:
- all of the poetry I've created this month
- four pages of meows
- nine pages of not-meows
- over fifty thousand words!!
download it here: https://notabug.org/eq/nanogenmo2018/releases
@jumblesale Good luck! Have a fine time there. Also missed you on town, hope you'll be back soon.
food, family (+)
Plan A cont'd:
- Mixer with pipes connected to vats combines ingredients and rices them
- Cold vat stores mashed potatos
- Pump pushes mashed potatos through pipe
- Some way to sanitise all the equipment
Plan B: a robot to make mashed potatos in a beer keg.
food, family (+)
- Sink where the potatos are scrubbed/rinsed, any dirt drained out
- Cutter peels potatos and dices them before cooking
- Vat boils potatos
- Conveyor with holes drains potatos (possibly in a closed tube to blow hot air on them, speed up drying)
- Chutes and conveyor belts to move potatos between stations, and organic waste for collection
- Vats to store other ingredients for mashed potatos (cream, liquid butter, s/p, etc.)
@joe This is awesome. 😃 I enjoyed reading the brief background around the recipe and when the meal was first served.
@molten It looks great, especially that toothy grin. 🙂🎃
@joe Best wishes for your leg recovery.