Just discovered that https://www.opennicproject.org/configure-your-dns/ is a thing
The final remaining patent on the MP3 format — "METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR ENCODING DIGITAL SIGNALS EMPLOYING BIT ALLOCATION USING COMBINATIONS OF DIFFERENT THRESHOLD MODELS TO ACHIEVE DESIRED BIT RATES" — has expired today.
DMD (reference D compiler) backend finally under an open source license:
Now hopefully people will stop assuming that 'D is proprietary' (GDC, LDC have been open source from start)
While I don't completely agree with this article, it has some very good points https://medium.com/@thejohnhenry/mastodon-is-dead-in-the-water-888c10e8abb1 https://mastodon.xyz/media/vWIKySzoNzQ29jQZV10
National (US) politics ahead... Show more
@HedgeMage I would hope that some of the new found scrutiny/paranoia towards the current US government will carry over to the next one, regardless of who's in office - I found it strange when overreaches of the previous government/s went mostly ignored.
Overall, I think you're steadily moving towards authoritarianism and it will be very hard to turn back (I'm not from the US... though my country has its own problems)
Timeline of my fancy linux router research:
* Banana PI R1: don't bother (kernel support)
* ODROID XU-4 + Ethernet dongle: Sorta works. But... kernel issues. Might be worth to get a new one now that 4.9 works.
* ClearFog: (could be) awesome but don't get Base and don't get the EMMC version!
* Old PC: Great but... watts
* Turris: Awesome! can't afford ATM...
* Some old router I found laying around: Yay! Works with LEDE! ... broken wifi
going to buy a cheap router and slap LEDE/OpenWRT on it.
Hello world. Again.
Moving to town so I can be inactive here for a change.