Just discovered that https://www.opennicproject.org/configure-your-dns/ is a thing
The final remaining patent on the MP3 format — "METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR ENCODING DIGITAL SIGNALS EMPLOYING BIT ALLOCATION USING COMBINATIONS OF DIFFERENT THRESHOLD MODELS TO ACHIEVE DESIRED BIT RATES" — has expired today.
DMD (reference D compiler) backend finally under an open source license:
Now hopefully people will stop assuming that 'D is proprietary' (GDC, LDC have been open source from start)
While I don't completely agree with this article, it has some very good points https://medium.com/@thejohnhenry/mastodon-is-dead-in-the-water-888c10e8abb1 https://mastodon.xyz/media/vWIKySzoNzQ29jQZV10
Timeline of my fancy linux router research:
* Banana PI R1: don't bother (kernel support)
* ODROID XU-4 + Ethernet dongle: Sorta works. But... kernel issues. Might be worth to get a new one now that 4.9 works.
* ClearFog: (could be) awesome but don't get Base and don't get the EMMC version!
* Old PC: Great but... watts
* Turris: Awesome! can't afford ATM...
* Some old router I found laying around: Yay! Works with LEDE! ... broken wifi
going to buy a cheap router and slap LEDE/OpenWRT on it.
Hello world. Again.
Moving to town so I can be inactive here for a change.