@audiodude okay, here it comes.
format of list is as follows: [artist]: [album] ([spotify link to one cool song])
1. built to spill: perfect from now on (https://open.spotify.com/track/78UlSQu9iRXInPuwb0NHn5?si=_Nr1wFEVQA22GWgkGi91lg)
2. joyce manor: never hungover again (https://open.spotify.com/track/6kigTMUuYG2TXhCFNZxeDb?si=FEx6KTVDQ1m08uemtQH8mQ)
3. cat power: you are free (https://open.spotify.com/track/2MPQNcE1ANGBh4XXgAJBjB?si=r1G3yTZ7TQ-HANr0PEWu-w)
4. wept: dress me like i’m yours (https://open.spotify.com/track/1aUG6DOy2jA1gas0KPZNk4?si=zRJlrL6ATuab8LvWCN9FMg)
5. frankie cosmos: next thing (https://open.spotify.com/track/1c5gh4dqj3sfE4qW4ZE98V?si=QGl8Mmh3SMiUysL1hLRP8g)
There is widespread consternation and outrage that the Museu Nacional was subject to extreme budget cuts and "reforms" during President Michel Temer's tenure in the week of the impeachment of his political rival, Dilma Rousseff.
The fire could have been prevented had fire hydrants been working on the grounds of the Museu. Unfortunately, the funding for that was cut by the Temer government.
Capitalism at work 😘
@audiodude now that i am semi-familiar with your style, wanna give you a little list of albums i think you’d like, maybe with a link to one song from each album for your previewing pleasure. but i’m gonna think about the list a little more.
no hard feelings if you tell me you’d rather i don’t do this.
if you're at all interested in video game mods and bootleg culture, i would super-recommend reading this essay by henrique antero: "impaling mario, reversing sonic: inside pedro paiva's bootleg games". no previous subject matter understanding required.
Hey #Fediverse. When you post pictures, please please please with puppies on top fill in that description box for the visually impaired. You will be helping us out tremendously. We want to enjoy your pictures as much as others do. You don't have to write a novel, but just fill in some details.
Thanks with much love:
A Blind Dude
@insom as a rails person, do you have any favourite go-to resources for learning and getting better at rails stuff? my current personal project is a rails engine, and while it’s going to be simple i want to do everything very right.
looking into encrypting fields so that only the author can view them (diary entries!). the path to doing this right isn’t too scary, but i wish i could find a straight-up tutorial for it. so far i only find abstract-ish docs that are too smart for me.
okay, since my last #nowwatching checkin i have watched a bunch of shit. most interesting watches are followed by an asterisk.
- OF GODS AND MEN (2010)
- MY FRIEND LARRY GUS (2015)
- DISINTEGRATION 93-96 (2017)
- HOUSE (1977) *
- THE TAKING OF PELHAM 1 2 3 (2009)
- SICARIO (2015)
- BRUSH OF BAPHOMET (2009)
- STAR TREK BEYOND (2016) 😑
- THE FOREIGNER (2017)
- SORRY TO BOTHER YOU (2018) *
- MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL (1975)
bisect type system: "[developed] in order to express the progressive fragmentation of language as it is eroded by the selective, faulty nature of memory. "
https://github.com/akanimax/T2F GAN synthesizes (unnerving) images of faces from textual descriptions
cinema, netrw, midi, mineral water, ephemeral books, entire civilizations
ttw is the unofficial Mastodon instance of tilde.town. We're only smol, but we're friendly. Please don't be a dick.