after accumulating parts slowly over a couple of years, i finally finished building my own keyboard.

it was my first big soldering project, and i made a few serious mistakes that i cannot undo. but it works and it's comfortable.

the most fun part, honestly, was making the usb and trrrs cables.

Follow

things i messed up on while building the keyboard 

1. i had to de-solder the usb connector because i didn't do a good job the first time. i destroyed the contacts and ended up having to perma plug in the cable to the microcontroller (instead of having a removable cable.

2. the trrrs connectors were too big for the acrylic case holes. so i had to sand off the edges of them.

things i messed up on while building the keyboard 

3. the acrylic case had the layer names laser-cut into them. i.e. L2 - LEFT HAND. this was not attractive to me so i painted the underside of the first layer, so that it would hide the layer names from the user.

Sign in to participate in the conversation
Tiny Tilde Website

ttw is the unofficial Mastodon instance of tilde.town. We're only smol, but we're friendly. Please don't be a dick.